Tuesday 27th June 2017,
Soweto Gospel Fans

Soweto Sounds: Ke Na Le Modisa

Ke Na Le Modisa, sung in Sotho, is an interpretation of Psalm 23.

Lyrics:

Sotho lyrics
Ke na le modisa – ke tla be ke hlokang?
Ke ya ipitsang Jehova – molimo o phelang
O nkisa botaleng, lijong tse mphelisang
O nkalosa dinokaneng – metsing a nkholisang
Lira li ka ntlhoya – ke sa ja monono
Mohope oa khaphatseha – ke dutse ka thabo

English translation
The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want
His name is Jehova, the living God
He leads me to cool waters

Song Info:

Ke Na Le Modisa can be found in both the African Spirit and Live at the Nelson Mandela Theatre CDs.

Soloists in the African Spirit version of the song are Sibongile Makgathe, Jabulile Dladla and Rebecca Nyamane with Zanele Mkhwanazi replacing Sibongile in the Live at the Nelson Mandela Theatre version.

Listen:
(African Spirit version)

Is there a particular song you would like to see be featured next? Leave a comment here or contact us.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

From the Great White North of Canada, Elaine is the owner and maintainer of SGF. Besides being a big-time Soweto Gospel Choir fan, she is passionate about world travel, technology, all sports and above all the great mangosteen fruit. Oh, and she can't sing to save her life...one love! :)

7 Comments

1. Verona Beckles January 22, 2009 at 3:04 am

I saw the Soweto Gospel Choir live in Oxford, UK when they blessed me beyond measure. I bought their CD, African Spirit. I can only say that I’m not sure an album has ever blessed me such as this. I have been transported when listening to Ke Na Le Modisa, without knowing what the words meant. I came to this site to know the meaning of the words in English.

This song proclaim the word of God. It has helped me to know and reclaim God’s peace and contentedness which are only found at the still waters He leads us to. He is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

Thanks be to God for anointing Soweto Gospel Choir for this task of blessing His people.

2. baya February 11, 2009 at 7:30 am

hi.. love ur music so much.. watch your latest auckland nz concert still wanna see more of u guys… hopefully coming back to nz anytime soon..

soweto gospel choir are belssings from god.. listening to u guys makes me wanna praise god more.. keep up the good work singing like angles… mwahhh all da way from aotearoa..

3. Duduzile July 3, 2009 at 6:49 am

Sanibonani

I need to write to you in order to give God the Glory for bringing you together as a team. KE NA LE MODISA has always blessed me and I couldn’t get the words right. However, when I heard you sing this song I was moved, my insides were shaking and up to this day I am taken to another level.

A level that reminds me that – THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD.

Thank you and I pray that the Holy Spirit will dwell in your presence so that when you sing these songs of praise, you don’t sing them to perform but to lift up the Name of the Lord.

Yoy are doing well and I am proud that now I know the words of my favourite song.

May the good Lord bless you and I wish all the best. May your households and families at large be blessed. You are planting very good seed.

Thanking you

Mrs. Duduzile Masedi

4. sandile mtsweni November 17, 2009 at 1:13 am

Ke na le modisa indeed what else shall i want.Lookind back at my life, i see that he has always been my shepherd.He held my hand all the time guided me and protected me.To GOD be the glory.He was and still is the greatest GOD.I will praise his name forever.Through his favour im truelly blessed

5. Ariane January 3, 2012 at 9:23 am

I love this music (Ke Na Le Modisa) I am from Angola and i can´t understand this language but i love it cause of this muisic, would you send the full lyric to my mail. cause up there’s just a part of it and when i am following the song i think that is missing some.

Thanks, and i hope you answer.
    You’re blessed as i am.

6. Nicole August 23, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I Absolutely Love This Choir I Fell In Love After Hearing Kae Le Kae For The Very First Time. Their Voices Are So Rich and True. I Am So Grateful To Be A African American These Are My Brothers And Sisters!! What An Amazing Group Of Men and Women Singing Praises To GOD!!

7. hi Elaine April 16, 2015 at 12:11 pm

im a great fan of soweto, im looking for soweto gospel song kenalemodisa video. help .

Leave A Response